What does Double Glazing Cost?
Actual double glazing cost or replacement window prices are very dependent a few key common factors, but may also be influenced by ‘market forces’. Meaning that the final cost of any replacement window can also go up or down depending on supply & demand.
For example, if some installers start a sale, then others may quickly follow their lead or the reverse might also be true.
Probably the most common factors influencing the final double glazing cost would be:
- Location: where you live may increase or decrease the cost.
- Size of order: the bigger the order, the better the price ’per window’.
- Quality of materials: ‘branded’ products may be more expensive, but not always.
- Extras: such as special window furniture, inert gas filled double glazed units, speciality glass.
- Time of the year: in quiet periods, sometime installers improve their prices or run special offers.
- Special offers / Discounts: what’s available at the time you want to buy?
- Work needed: The amount of labour involved can seriously impact on cost.
Obviously it’s almost impossible to give an accurate ‘off page’ price to cover your complete project because each installation has its own particular set of requirements.
Range of Basic uPVC Window Prices*
*Remember: As mentioned, the prices shown here could have certain exclusions or some particular installer terms & conditions may be applicable.
- 1000mm x 1000mm: £89:00
- 1200mm x 1200mm: £123:00
- 1000mm x 1500mm: £131:00
- 1100mm x 1600mm: £148:00
- Extra for fitting Sash Windows: Dependent on labour.
- Safety Glass / Low- e Glass: Dependent on Installer.
- Wood Grain Finish: +10% or Dependent on Installer.
The prices shown are for guidance & general information only, they are not “our prices”, but simply represent a range of prices available in the market.
Compare Quotes From Independently Accredited Companies.
To get the best prices, let us arrange free double glazed windows & doors quotes from top rated & trusted installers so that you know exactly what you are getting for your money.